Sunday, July 13, 2014

Creamy Chicken & Green Chile Enchiladas

**So I came across some old photos & write-up of enchiladas that I forgot to post about...oops!  So here they are, um, they're not healthy.  So, sorry about that, too!  They're like 9 WWP+ per enchilada...but they're good!

I love Mexican food - I think I've mentioned that before.  But seriously, I could eat chips & salsa every day and be a happy girl.  I recently made my own salsa, too!  Maybe someday I'll tell you about it, but I was too excited to finish that I didn't take photos or anything...I actually didn't even write down what I put in it, so that could get a little difficult to replicate.  Oh well.

So, here we have a recipe for cream cheese chicken enchiladas.  They were cheesy, creamy, slightly spicy, and delicious.  This recipe made enough for a whole family and they weren't that great reheated, so maybe in the future I'll halve it.  Other than that, I have no complaints.  I served it with my semi-homemade Spanish rice, chips & salsa, and had a nice little meal!

Ingredients:
5 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup light sour cream
10 oz enchilada sauce, I used Medium
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
2 cups shredded chicken (I used dark meat)
1 small can corn
4 oz diced green chiles
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
8 whole wheat tortillas
Salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Lightly spray a 13x9" pan with cooking spray.  Spread 1/4 (which is about 1/4 cup) the enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan.

In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.  Add 1/2 cup of each cheese.


In a different bowl, mix together chicken, corn, chiles, chili powder, and cumin.  Salt & pepper to taste.

Add chicken to the cheese bowl and mix well.

Fill each tortilla and roll up.  I laid all 8 tortillas out on the counter and spooned equal amounts of mixture into each one, it was easier than having not enough or too much left over at the end.

Place rolled tortillas in baking dish (seam down).  Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake for about 20 minutes and you're done!  I started my rice after I put the enchiladas in the oven and they were finished about the same time, so it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment