Monday, July 27, 2015

Shrimp Scampi with Broccoli

I don't even have a narrative for this. It's lemony, pasta-y, shrimpy, and yummy. It only takes 15 minutes, so go make it! I used this recipe from Ali at Gimme Some Oven and the only thing I did different was add broccoli for some color and filler. She's got some great recipes, so check it out!
Shaved Parmesan really added a bit of class to this...or at least in my opinion.
I listen to Pandora when I'm cooking and cleaning and it is always a struggle deciding which station to listen to. On this particular day I chose Britney Spears radio and I was definitely not disappointed. Some other favorites are Backstreet Boys radio, Destiny's Child radio, and Luke Bryan radio.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter (I use light)
1 small shallot, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
10 oz raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, with tails removed
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
1/4 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons white wine (I used chardonnay)
Zest and Juice from one lemon
6 oz pasta
2 cups frozen broccoli
Parmesan (shredded, shaved, or grated)
Easy peasy lemon-squeezy. HA. 
Step one: put on some classic Britney. Volume: all the way up.
<3
Cook pasta al dente, adding broccoli for the last few minutes. Drain and set aside.
I used fettuccine, you use whatever floats your boat.
Melt your butter in a small skillet on medium-low heat, I use light butter for most things...it makes me feel better about butter. Add the shallot and garlic, cook for 4-5 minutes.
The aroma of tons of garlic cooking: heavenly.
Add shrimp, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side until they start to turn pink and opaque.
It only takes a few minutes to cook shrimp, don't overcook
them or they will become rubbery. 
Pour in chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Increase heat to medium-high and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Don't overcook your shrimp here! You just want to bring the liquids to a quick boil.
Only picture without my camera lens fogging up. 
Toss shrimp and sauce with pasta and broccoli.
Doesn't look like much, but it has a lot of flavor. 
Serve topped with parmesan cheese!
It's pasta, but it's not too heavy; perfect for summertime. 

Instructions:
1. Cook pasta al dente, adding frozen broccoli for the last 5-6 minutes.
2. Melt butter and saute shallot and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add shrimp, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper and cook 3-4 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, and wine and cook on medium-high for 1-2 minutes.
5. Toss shrimp with pasta and broccoli.
6. Top with Parmesan as desired.
A little bit closer now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment