Monday, September 21, 2015

Amazing Peanut Butter Cookies

Last week I posted about the I Do BBQ and the cookies that were so delicious, so this week I thought I'd share that recipe!

These cookies are seriously amazing. They are soft and thick and oh-so-peanut-buttery. Some of my all-time favorite cookies are actually the packaged ones from Wal-Mart and these are similar to those. I think one of the keys is rolling them in granulated sugar, it is such a different and great take on the peanut butter cookie!

I'm telling you, Jessica from Sprinkle Some Sugar really outdid herself with these Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies. I made a double batch from her recipe.

Ingredients
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (pretty much a whole 1 lb jar)
3 cups all purpose flour (I ran out and added some whole wheat the end)
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
1/2(ish) cup granulated sugar for rolling

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 and line some baking sheets with parchment paper.

Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.

Beat in egg, vanilla extract, and peanut butter.

Mix in flour and baking soda until just combined, don't overmix.

Refrigerate dough for about 15-20 minutes.

Roll tablespoon sized balls and roll in granulated sugar.

Place on baking sheet about an inch apart.

Bake for 8 minutes, remove from oven and let cool on pan for 5 more minutes. Then remove to wire rack until they completely cool.

Devour all of them. Or take them to a party. Or whatever, you do you.


No comments:

Post a Comment