Thursday, September 3, 2015

Bachelorette Party Gift Bags

One of my Little Sisters is getting married this fall! Yayyy!

Her bachelorette party was last weekend, a whole day & night of fun downtown. 

While I didn't plan the party itself, I was put in charge of creating a little survival kit or party favor bags to give to all of the guests and let me tell you...IT WAS TOO MUCH FUN!

I seriously spent weeks poring over Pinterest looking for the best ideas, making lists, going to craft stores and liquor stores, perusing Etsy. Then the shopping began, then the assembly. I'm actually still excited about them and can't wait until the next opportunity to do something similar. 

There were a total of 11 guests, including myself and the bride and it ended up costing about $130 total after everything was done, so just over $11 per bag. I bought everything in stages over the course of several months, so I was able to budget a small bit of money every few weeks for buying supplies to make it work out fine. There is definitely room to cut back, too, if you'd like to do something similar but not spend as much money. For example, the coozies were $5 each and are totally optional...although adorable, more on those later. The little one-shot alcohol bottles are $1 each and can add up quickly if you have a large guest list, and chances are you will already have enough alcohol around ;) 

The two things I ordered special for these gift bags were the coozies and the elastic to make the hair ties. I ordered 5/8" Fold Over Elastic to make the hair ties myself since they are SO expensive to buy at the store. This shop was prompt, affordable, and has pretty much any color or amount you could ever need, Pretty NEZ Supplies, check them out! I can't take credit for the genius idea of buying this elastic in bulk, that belongs to The Superettes. You can make them any size you want, I cut mine to 9" so they'd comfortably fit around a wrist but still make a solid ponytail. 

The coozies came from Brant Point Prep on Etsy. Tiffany was extremely attentive and easy to work with and she has so many cute items in her shop! I highly recommend it for anyone looking for cute monogrammed items. I actually misspelled someones name in my original order and had to reorder one additional coozie and she got it out immediately! The turnaround was very quick, it shipped the day after I ordered them. And, come one, these are the cutest things ever. 
LOOK AT IT. 

So here is what went into my bags: 

1. Monogrammed Coozie - The monogram is on one side and other just has the adorable Lilly print! 

2. Hair Ties - I cut some scrapbook paper into rectangles so that the hair ties fit snugly and wrote "To have and to hold ...your hair back" at the top. 

3. Nail Files - because there's not much worse than a hangnail on a night out. 

4. Make-up Remover Wipes - I found these individually wrapped wipes in 3-packs at the Dollar Tree. 

5. Basic First Aid - "first aid" may be a bit of an overkill here, but everyone got a packet of ibuprofen, 2 pepto-bismol tablets, and 2 bandaids. 

6. Snacks - everyone got some baby Reese's, a pack of Teddy Graham's and then another pack of cookies out of the variety pack, either Oreos, Chis Ahoy, or Nutter Butters. 

7. Water - hydration is key on a weekend like this! 

8. 5-Hour Energy - because, well, it was a long day! 

9. Tiny Alcohol - half of the people got Smirnoff Vodka and half got Jim Beam Red Stag. The bride got a whiskey sampler because she loves Jim, which included Red Stag, Jim Beam Honey, and classic Jim Beam. 
Everything just barely fit...
Jamison & Ginger Ale were quite intrigued. 

Coozie and hair ties. 

Nail file, makeup remover, bandaids, ibuprofen, & pepto.

Snackies. 

Liquid sustenance. 

Once I had everything purchased I put them in these little labeled gift bags, added some tissue paper, put some curling ribbon on the bride's and called it a day! And then they sat in my kitchen for two weeks and I got ridiculously excited to give them to my friends every time I saw them...

No comments:

Post a Comment