Monday, August 31, 2015

Peanut Butter Pie

Jess doesn't like cake, so for his birthday I usually make a pie! Last year it was coconut cream, this year it was peanut butter! I had never made a peanut butter pie before but I didn't think it could be that difficult, and I was correct. I whipped this one together over my lunch break!

We celebrated with some Giordano's stuffed pizza (I had my own extra-thin crust because I hate deep dish!) and then finished up with the pie. It was delicious and took no time at all, maybe 10 minutes of prep and another 5 minutes of dishes. So a very easy dessert and one that goes over well for anyone who loves peanut butter as much as we do!

It looks so plain...maybe I should've added some cool whip or something...
I used fat free & reduced fat ingredients when possible, just because that's how I roll.. it would probably be more rich if you used full-fat, so by all means do it if you want to!

Ingredients
8 oz fat free cream cheese
1 cup creamy reduced fat peanut butter
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 graham cracker crust (either make your own or a pre-made, I used reduced fat)

Instructions
Mix together peanut butter, cream cheese, and 3/4 cup powdered sugar until well combined.

In separate bowl, whisk heavy cream until light and fluffy.

Add 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and vanilla extract to heavy cream, whip until peaks form.

Stir the heavy cream into the peanut butter mixture until smooth.

Pour into pie crust and refrigerate for 3+ hours.

You can definitely add crumbled Reese's, chocolate chips, or chocolate fudge/syrup if you want ot be extra-fancy. I didn't because Jess doesn't like chocolate...I know, what kind of monster doesn't like cake or chocolate?!
I was quite proud of the pie! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment