Thursday, August 13, 2015

Meal Planning: Lunch

Here's post #2 about meal planning; this one is focused on easy and healthy lunches. I currently go home for lunch almost every day because I live so close to work. It's nice for me to get away from the lab for a bit and also the dogs like a potty break during the day. Some of these may not be as feasible if you have to pack a lunch, but can be reserved for a day you're home.

1. Lipton Extra Noodle Soup - this is a staple. a go-to. a favorite. I grew up eating this whenever we just needed something quick or if we were sick. Now when I'm sick I crave it! But I've also recognized that it's pretty filling and not too bad for you. 

2. Tuna & Crackers - fairly self-explanatory. I like Kroger's variation of Wheat Thins. Now Starkist is making some flavored tuna packets and some of them are pretty good, I especially like the hickory flavor. 

3. Tuna Noodle Almost-Casserole - Cook 1-2oz egg noodles, some peas, carrots, and/or broccoli, toss with a packet of tuna, a few spoonfuls of plain low-fat Greek yogurt, salt, & pepper. It's simple but very filling. 

4. Wraps - I'll put pretty much anything in a Flatout Light Wrap. Some of my favorites are buffalo chicken (shredded chicken, Frank's hot sauce, mozzarella cheese, lettuce), Caesar (shredded chicken, light/fat free Caesar dressing, parmesan or mozzarella, lettuce), and pizza (pepperoni, mozzarella, olives, and tomatoes). 

5. Leftovers - Sometimes I'll just go ahead and set aside a container from dinner to eat the next day, pastas and soups seem to get better when they sit in the fridge overnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment